We offer several types of teeth whitening procedures.
Consultation, Exam, x-rays, and Cleaning!
Anchorage Teeth Whitening
According to the American Dental Association, many Americans believe that their best trait is their pearly white smile. Having beautiful teeth, of course, is a core component of this attribute. Here at Anchorage Dental Group, we want our clients to be comfortable with—and confident about—their smile. We understand that tooth discoloration can be a serious blow to one’s self esteem, and that’s why we offer a variety of professional, dentist-grade teeth bleaching options as part of the cosmetic dental services we offer.
If you’re interested in brighter, whiter teeth, contact us today to find out which whitening option is best for you!
We Offer Teeth Whitening Trays
You may be familiar with teeth whitening trays—you often see the over-the-counter versions at your local pharmacy, or even the supermarket. While teeth whitening trays may not be the perfect solution for every client, they’re often one of the most convenient and effective solutions available. However, choosing an over-the-counter kit can be fraught with uncertainty. Will it be effective? Will it fit well enough to work? Is the solution not strong enough—or too strong—for your teeth, specifically?
That’s why we offer teeth whitening trays here at our office. Having one of our professional dental care experts custom fit a tray for you and determine the best solution to use on your teeth is the best option for most of our patients. Instead of trying to sort through the myriad options at the drug store, which may or may not even be effective depending on several different factors, come on in for an appointment and let us set you up with the perfect tray-style solution to whiten your teeth effectively and safely—and with far less sensitivity than other in-office options can cause.
How Teeth Whitening Trays Work
Over-the-counter teeth whitening trays vary according to brand, but for the most part they are made of a flexible material that can be manipulated to mold to the shape of your teeth (to a certain extent). The tray is typically prefilled with a whitening solution that will whiten the surface of your teeth and between your teeth. Often this solution is peroxide-based, but not always.
If you opt to go with teeth whitening trays from your dentist, however, you’ll have a mold custom- made to fit your teeth for optimal whitening. Sometimes, trays are pre-filled with solution; you may also be prescribed the solution in a syringe-like container, so that you can fill the trays as needed.
Regardless of whether you choose an over-the-counter or a customized prescription option, there will be very specific instructions for how long and how often you should use the trays to obtain the best results. Some trays may be used for a certain amount of time each day, while others are intended for overnight use. With some trays, you may not be able to eat, drink, or talk during the application.
Why People Choose to Whiten Their Teeth
There are many reasons that people choose to whiten their teeth. It’s a personal decision, and it can be different for everyone. As we age, tooth discoloration can be caused by a number of different causes, including:
- The process of aging: Our teeth can simply yellow over time as we age.
- Tobacco use: Smoking or chewing tobacco can lead to tooth discoloration.
- Pigmented food and drink: Some foods and beverages, like coffee, wine, cherries, and blueberries, among others, can result in darker, discolored teeth.
- Plaque and tartar: The accumulation of tartar and plaque can lead to yellowed teeth.
- Excessive fluoride consumption: Too much fluoride, especially at a young age, can give teeth a dappled or mottled appearance.
- Trauma: Blunt trauma to teeth can cause a tooth to turn brown, black, or gray.
Many people are unhappy living with this type of discoloration; whitening their teeth can lead to a boost in self-confidence and a more youthful appearance.
Whatever your reason for being interested in tooth whitening, consult with your dentist to find the perfect solution for your teeth.
Types of Teeth Whitening Solutions
In addition to teeth whitening trays, there are other whitening methods used to brighten teeth:
- Paint-on whiteners: Over-the-counter, paint-on whiteners are generally less expensive than whitening trays or strips. They consist of a gel the user applies themselves with a special brush that comes with the whitening solution. This gel then hardens, coating the teeth. Over time, it dissolves in the user’s mouth.
- Whitening toothpaste/mouthwash: Some of the most affordable options include over-the-counter toothpaste and mouthwash that contain whitening ingredients. They also may use abrasive elements to clear away stains on the surface of the teeth. These products do not, however, actually “bleach” or whiten your teeth, and their overall effects are minimal.
Cost of Whitening Teeth
The cost of whitening your teeth professionally will vary according to several different factors. Generally, the cost of having your teeth whitened at Anchorage Dental Group ranges from $75 to $150. Contact us today for an estimate!
Call Today To Schedule Your Appointment
The leader and preferred provider of quality dental services in Anchorage and the surrounding areas.